[meteorite-list] Observed Falls & Calculated Orbits

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:14 2004

Rhett kindly asked:
"Would Farmington be on the list of meteorites with calculated orbits as
well?"

Hi Rhett,

I have seen Farmington listed as a calculated orbit in one
astronomy/planetary geology text. I have forgotten the name, but remember
that one of the authors taught at a university in Utah.

I remember asking about this once, and there was some sort-of-good reason to
assume a calculated orbit, but I cannot remember what it way. It is
interesting that you mention Farmington. May I ask where you got its name as
a possible candidate? That might help jog my memory.

And for you evening viewing pleasure, I have a photo of a complete slice of
Lost City pictured in the Gallery at the Meteorite Exchange. The URL is:

http://www.meteorite.com/gallery/lost_city.htm

Cheers,

Martin