[meteorite-list] Telescope (off topic)

From: HARRY WOOD <HARRYWOOD1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:11 2004

This is a short wide field scope 350mm in focal length...more like the
viewfinder on a real scope than any thing else...and 60mm diameter limits
both detail and light gathering ability...they have been discontinued by
Meade and thats why they are low priced now. You would see the same view in
a large binocular. If you want to view wide fields it might be okay for
very bright objects or landuse.Spend a little more and get a 90mm mak from
Orion or a 4 inch refractor from Celestron you will be happier in the long
run. I sell telescopes for a living at Ivy Photography and Telescopes in Des
Moines, Iowa. Harry W Wood