[meteorite-list] A Satisfying Weekend

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:08 2004

--part1_d2.d0b210a.28e95cb8_boundary

Ahhh....what a weekend. Comfortable temperatures, lots of sun...overall a
beautiful Fall weekend in Texas. And to top it all off, a local mineral and
fossil society was holding their annual show just a few miles away in
Richardson, Texas. So I decided to spend a few hours leisurely wandering
around on Saturday.

I paid my entrance fee and looked at the displays, before heading into the
main hall. Loads of beautiful minerals, jewelery and fossils. And then I
saw the sign: "METEORITES". I recognized the gentleman behind the table,
and he recognized me...we've done business at this show in the past, but he
was absent last year due to a conflict in show schedules.

We struck up a conversation, but the whole time my eyes kept wandering to the
display cases. It was a veritable feast of meteorites: Monze, Girgenti,
Mangwendi, Hope Creek, Campo slices and individuals...ditto Sikhote Alin,
Pillistfer, Caddo County, Marjalahti, Glorietta Mountain, Kapoeta, D'joumine,
Lowicz, Kunashak, Bilanga, Mighei, Valera, Portales, Overland Park, Wuan, and
on and on....and those are just the ones I can remember!

I spent the next hour or so looking over as much as I could....even
(especially!!) the ones I couldn't possibly afford. He even pulled one or
two surprises out from under the table....not for sale, just for show.

Unfortunately, I never expected to see such a selection, and since we just
bought a new car two days before, I had to (try to) behave myself. I ended
up buying slices of Valera, Overland Park, and Kunashak (love the
brecciation!!!) and a crusted cut fragment of Bilanga. Add all these to the
piece of Mighei I received earlier in the week, and I'm feeling pretty good
right about now!!!!

Now all I have to do is convince the bank to postpone that first car payment
for a few weeks..........

Sincerely,

Craig McDonald

--part1_d2.d0b210a.28e95cb8_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>Ahhh....what a weekend. &nbsp;Comfortable temperatures, lots of sun...overall a beautiful Fall weekend in Texas. &nbsp;And to top it all off, a local mineral and fossil society was holding their annual show just a few miles away in Richardson, Texas. &nbsp;So I decided to spend a few hours leisurely wandering around on Saturday. &nbsp;&nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>I paid my entrance fee and looked at the displays, before heading into the main hall. &nbsp;Loads of beautiful minerals, jewelery and fossils. &nbsp;And then I saw the sign: &nbsp;"METEORITES". &nbsp;I recognized the gentleman behind the table, and he recognized me...we've done business at this show in the past, but he was absent last year due to a conflict in show schedules. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>We struck up a conversation, but the whole time my eyes kept wandering to the display cases. &nbsp;It was a veritable feast of meteorites: &nbsp;Monze, Girgenti, Mangwendi, Hope Creek, Campo slices and individuals...ditto Sikhote Alin, Pillistfer, Caddo County, Marjalahti, Glorietta Mountain, Kapoeta, D'joumine, Lowicz, Kunashak, Bilanga, Mighei, Valera, Portales, Overland Park, Wuan, and on and on....and those are just the ones I can remember!
<BR>
<BR>I spent the next hour or so looking over as much as I could....even (especially!!) the ones I couldn't possibly afford. &nbsp;He even pulled one or two surprises out from under the table....not for sale, just for show.
<BR>
<BR>Unfortunately, I never expected to see such a selection, and since we just bought a new car two days before, I had to (try to) behave myself. &nbsp;I ended up buying slices of Valera, Overland Park, and Kunashak (love the brecciation!!!) and a crusted cut fragment of Bilanga. &nbsp;Add all these to the piece of Mighei I received earlier in the week, and I'm feeling pretty good right about now!!!!
<BR>
<BR>Now all I have to do is convince the bank to postpone that first car payment for a few weeks..........
<BR>
<BR>Sincerely,
<BR>
<BR>Craig McDonald </FONT></HTML>