[meteorite-list] virus details just in case

From: Robert & Wendi Beauford <wendirob_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:14 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C175F4.554F1280

  Mike is not alone!=20
  Robert Beauford (wendirob_at_laplaza.org) is very busy cleaning up his =
computer too.=20
  I don't know if it is the same virus, but it also comes in an =
attachment.=20
  I do know I don't have it. (I just don't open attachment, unless I am =
expecting it) Goodnight everybody from snowy Denver.=20
  Anne Black=20
  http://www.IMPACTIKA.com=20
  IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com=20
  http://www.TheMineralCompany.com

  It turned out to be badtrans.b in case any of you wind up having to =
fight it. It came in from a member of jpisc's antiquities list if any =
of you are also on that. That name badtrans.b will alow you to pull up =
the details of destroying it from a variety of web sights. You can, it =
seems, prevent it from doing it's mailout routine by marking every email =
in all of your folders as 'read' while you are combating it. My most =
sincere apologies for taking up valuable list time with this topic and =
my utmost regrets to any who might have received this virus as it =
forwarded itself from my computer. You do not have to open the =
attachment to catch this virus. Simply deleting the email will infect =
you unless you catch it in a list of emails and delete it en-mass with =
others. (that way you never view it... but you can't tell it's dangerous =
'til you view it - nasty) It slips by many virus programs that aren't =
very current. You can tell if it is on your computer by searching for =
files named kdll.dll and kernel32.exe.
  Wishing you all a pleasant evening and best of luck in avoiding this =
menace and any others that come your way.
  -Robert Beauford

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C175F4.554F1280

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#fffcf0>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV><FONT face=3Darial,helvetica><FONT size=3D2>Mike is not alone! =
<BR>Robert=20
  Beauford (<A =
href=3D"mailto:wendirob_at_laplaza.org">wendirob@laplaza.org</A>) is=20
  very busy cleaning up his computer too. <BR>I don't know if it is the =
same=20
  virus, but it also comes in an attachment. <BR>I do know I don't have =
it. (I=20
  just don't open attachment, unless I am expecting it) Goodnight =
everybody from=20
  snowy Denver. <BR>Anne Black <BR>http://www.IMPACTIKA.com=20
  <BR>IMPACTIKA_at_aol.com <BR><A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.TheMineralCompany.com">http://www.TheMineralCompany.co=
m</A></FONT></FONT></DIV>
  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>It turned out to be badtrans.b in case any of you =
wind up=20
  having to fight it.&nbsp; It came in from a member of jpisc's =
antiquities list=20
  if any of you are also on that.&nbsp; That name badtrans.b =
will&nbsp;alow you=20
  to pull up the details of destroying it from a variety of web =
sights.&nbsp;=20
  You can, it seems, prevent it from doing it's mailout routine by =
marking every=20
  email in all of your folders as 'read' while you are combating =
it.&nbsp; My=20
  most sincere apologies for taking up valuable list time with this =
topic and my=20
  utmost regrets to any who might have received this virus as it =
forwarded=20
  itself from my computer.&nbsp; You do not have to open the attachment =
to catch=20
  this virus.&nbsp; Simply deleting the email will infect you unless you =
catch=20
  it in a list of emails and delete it en-mass with others. (that way =
you never=20
  view it... but you can't tell it's dangerous 'til you view it - =
nasty)&nbsp;=20
  It slips by many virus programs that aren't very current.&nbsp; You =
can tell=20
  if it is on your computer by searching for files named kdll.dll and=20
  kernel32.exe.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>Wishing you all a pleasant evening and best of =
luck in=20
  avoiding this menace and any others that come your way.</FONT></DIV>
  <DIV><FONT size=3D2>-Robert =
Beauford</FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01C175F4.554F1280--