[meteorite-list] leaking Irons

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:12 2004

--=====================_855591==_.ALT

Gheri,
Several months ago, Steve Schoner went into detail about the process of
using sodium hydroxide with 70% isopropyl alcohol as a treatment for
problems such as yours. I believe Eric Twelker also has some information
on his website with similar information.

Best,

John Gwilliam

At 08:29 AM 11/19/01 -1000, gheri fouts wrote:

>Hello list,
>
>I have had some response to my leaking meteorite but in my searching I see
>that one fellow a couple years back used lye to treat this problem and I
>am wondering how that method holds up. I have a chemistry degree and I
>know that lye is caustic, but if that will save this progression, I would
>be happy to try it.
>
>Gheri Fouts
>--

John Gwilliam Meteorites
PO Box 26854
Tempe AZ 85285
http://www.meteoriteimpact.com
--=====================_855591==_.ALT

Gheri,<br>
Several months ago, Steve Schoner went into detail about the process of
using sodium hydroxide with 70% isopropyl alcohol as a treatment for
problems such as yours.&nbsp; I believe Eric Twelker also has some
information on his website with similar information.<br>
Best,<br>
John Gwilliam<br>
At 08:29 AM 11/19/01 -1000, gheri fouts wrote:<br>
&nbsp;<br>
meteorite but in my searching I see that one fellow a couple years back
used lye to treat this problem and I am wondering how that method holds
up.&nbsp; I have a chemistry degree and I know that lye is caustic, but
if that will save this progression, I would be happy to try
it.</font><br>
Gheri Fouts<br>
-- </blockquote><br>