[meteorite-list] Recovered Leonids in Idaho!

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:12 2004

The Leonids here were amazing!

While I could not see a thing because of the heavy cloud cover, they pelted
my house all night long. I have buckets of them now!

Because they are from a comet and it is not freezing here yet, they must
have melted during the night so they look very much like water.

I will probably place some of them on eBay. For a gram of Leonid water that
actually hit my house, I will begin with the quite reasonable opening bid of
$75/g.

I have several gallons of material so there is plenty for everyone!

If anyone wants some from me now to avoid the eBay wait, I will sell them to
members of this list for only $50/gram. Please let me know how many grams
you would like. I accept paypal, money orders and cash. International orders
are fine too.

Cheers from a soggy Idaho,

Martin