[meteorite-list] Leonids from Portslade

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:12 2004

Hullo,
Well, I'm lumbered working nights for last night and the next 3 nights and
of course the clouds over Portslade are positively Venusian!!
However, a merciful break in them at about 2am gave me a sight of 3 brief,
hazy,peripherally visioned meteors! And then the clouds rolled back over to
block out even the brightest stars...
I'll be out again tonight to check...
Pity with the clouds... just a few days ago we had a cold snap that left the
skies the clearest I have ever seen... Orion was ablaze with such a jewel
like iridescence I could see it thru my patio doors and when I went outside
I am sure I could even see the Galilean satellites around Jupiter with my
unaided eye - a sort of diagonal smear of light. I got a real buzz from this
I tell you!

Everything can seem so perfunctory after witnessing some events, can't they?

Humbly yours,
dave

--
In gentle decay,