[meteorite-list] ebay question]

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:10 2004

> In my opinion, what this seller did is wrong.....he's manipulating
> the auction service so he doesn't have to take any risk.
> Cheers, John Gwilliam
----------
Hi John & All,
        I am not sure it is not illegal. Just becaus it falls within
eBay "rules" does NOT mean it is legal. As I said, a bid is a
legally binding agreement unless there is a minimum or a
reserve - PERIOD.
        However, given the nature of eBay, your approach
(flooding eBay with complaints to "Safe Harbor") would be
the more practical solution here.
        I also agree that if we DON'T do so, this BS will escalate.
I would consider it completely apropriate to warn people who
do this with meteorites ONCE, then officially "SHUN" them
AND flood "Safe Harbor." This is, as I said, in total violation
apropriate conduct for an auction - absolutely, without question,
unacceptable!
        Sincerely, Michael Blood

--
Be more or less specific.