[meteorite-list] eBay shortfalls

From: Rob and Colleen <iguana_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:10 2004

--------------BC9CB19EF3CA734D80B7E533

Michael-

As the seller you have the right to end any auction for any reason. eBay frowns on this but it is as easy a clicking your mouse. There have
been many times when well known meteorite dealers end thier auctions because a bid (outside of eBay) was offered. I have been the guy making
the offer in one of these cases. These have all been auctions with no bidders yet, to the best of my knowledge, but nonetheless. eBay's policy
linked below. As far as legally binding, I doubt it. How many non-paying bidders have you dealt with in the past? Think those guys are serving
sentences from the eBay justice system? In the rules it states you can be a non paying bidder three times before any repremand. Then put on the
sunglasses and start over, rediculous. For the most part, eBay works but there is always some swindling, bid adjusting, auction pulling, shill
bidding, non paying and bad picture taking going on. Too much money being made for eBay to care. The other thing I collect way too much of is
movies. Amazing how many illegally copied HBO movies there are being sold every day...for big money. I have always been surprised when this
list is able to get something removed when HBO can't seem to get the job done. Just try The Sopronos season two or season three, neither has
been released for private distribution yet, and see what eBay has to offer. eBay logic...fahgetaboutit.

http://webhelp.ebay.com/cgi-bin/eHNC/showdoc-ebay.tcl?docid=212870&queryid=15073885&querystring=end_auction

--
Rob Wesel
--------------
Willy Wonka, 1971 Michael Blood wrote:
> Hi Rob, Roman and all,
>         I didn't know it was even POSSIBLE to "pull" a piece off eBay
> under ANY circumstances (HOW does one do that???) Isn't that
> TOTALLY against eBay rules? It is certainly against auction rules,
> which, I believe, are LEGALLY BINDING "contract" laws regarding
> auctions. I would expect an auctioneer to be liable to be arrested
> ON THE SPOT and taken to jail if he pulled that crap! If there is
> no minimum and no reserve, the FIRST BID ON has legal claim
> to that item! An auction IS a contractual agreement to sell!
>         WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?
>         Sincerely,
>         Michael Blood (knows his stuff re auctions - but, obviously,
> doesn't know didly about how screwed up eBay may be!)
>
> --
> Be more or less specific.
> --
> Worth Seeing (Earth at night from satalite):
> http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/image/0011/earthlights_dmsp_big.jpg
> --
> Michael Blood Meteorites for sale at:
> http://www.meteorite.com/Michael_Blood/catalog.htm
>
> Show your support at the Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund - http://s1.amazon.com/exec/varzea/ts/my-pay-page/PKAXFNQH7EKCX/058-5084202-7156648
--------------BC9CB19EF3CA734D80B7E533
<HTML>
Michael-
<P>As the seller you have the right to end any auction for any reason.
eBay frowns on this but it is as easy a clicking your mouse. There have
been many times when well known meteorite dealers end thier auctions because
a bid (outside of eBay) was offered. I have been the guy making the offer
in one of these cases. These have all been auctions with no bidders yet,
to the best of my knowledge, but nonetheless. eBay's policy linked below.
As far as legally binding, I doubt it. How many non-paying bidders have
you dealt with in the past? Think those guys are serving sentences from
the eBay justice system? In the rules it states you can be a non paying
bidder <B>three times</B> before any repremand. Then put on the sunglasses
and start over, rediculous. For the most part, eBay works but there is
always some swindling, bid adjusting, auction pulling, shill bidding, non
paying and bad picture taking going on. Too much money being made for eBay
to care. The other thing I collect way too much of is movies. Amazing how
many illegally copied HBO movies there are being sold every day...for big
money. I have always been surprised when this list is able to get something
removed when HBO can't seem to get the job done. Just try The Sopronos
season two or season three, neither has been released for private distribution
yet, and see what eBay has to offer. eBay logic...fahgetaboutit.
<P><A HREF="http://webhelp.ebay.com/cgi-bin/eHNC/showdoc-ebay.tcl?docid=212870">http://webhelp.ebay.com/cgi-bin/eHNC/showdoc-ebay.tcl?docid=212870</A>&amp;queryid=15073885&amp;querystring=end_auction
<P>--
<BR>Rob Wesel
<BR>We are the music makers...and we are the dreamers of the dreams.