[meteorite-list] Phoenix lights

From: George Blahun Jr. <ks1u_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:39:47 2004

Ari:
     I recently spoke to Tom Bopp (co discoverer of comet Hale-Bopp) and he
indicated that he or a friend ( I don't recall which) put a scope on the
lights and was able to discern a parachute and flare on several. This
observation alone may not explain all the lights, but apparently some of
them. I too am intrigued by events such as this, but objectivity is
essential in determining the truth, no matter how disappointing it may be.

George