[meteorite-list] Preparation For Martian Samples Quarantine Facility Must Begin Soon

From: David Weir <dgweir_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:26 2004

Hello Ron and List,

Am I missing something here? Why are we spending our time and tax
dollars to quarantine (biological containment) the same rocks that
people are continuously stumbling over in the deserts of the world?
Rocks that are regularly shipped all over the world without a second
thought. The same rocks which have been accreting to our planet for
billions of years in amounts surely measured in the trillions of tons.
Seems like the boogy-man is already out of the bag to me.

David