[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: Mike Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:24 2004

Also the fact the NWA 073 is a porous L chondrite and Oum Rokba is a very solid
hard H chondrite. I find the the softer Ls tend to weather much faster.
Sandblasting in some areas can remove all traces of fusion crust, but leave a
meteorite little weathered, while one buried in sand or soil can retain it's
crust but be quite weathered.
Mike Farmer