AW: [meteorite-list] The SNC story - The Dilemma of Distrust and Defamation

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:23 2004

Hello all

No for the moment I no have received news, the
analysis is no ended. I have received this news from a
italian institute and I wait a answer.
Regards

matteo

--- Norbert Classen <trifid_at_timewarp.de> ha scritto: >
Hi Matteo,

> What I wanted to know is if the Italian researchers
> still
> think that the SaU Shergottites are dislocated DaG
> finds.
> Sometimes ago you wrote that they wanted to test the
> sand
> grains of the SaUs to see ift it's possibly from Dar
> al
> Gani. Not that I believe that this could be, but did
> they
> publish any results of their investigations?
>
> All the best,
> Norbert
>
> ---------------------
> Matteo wrote:
>
> > Dear Norbert and all
> >
> > Yes the problem of the SNC find in Libya is very
> big.
> > Many new hunter in Libya have find others pieces
> in
> > the same site of the DaG 489 SNC but this have
> > classificated with another number, no the same 489
> > number. The founder of DaG 489 and 670 have found
> > other little fragments of DaG 489 but probably, if
> he
> > want, inform only the Met. Society others pieces
> of
> > DaG 489 is find and the TKW is change, but no give
> > another number. Who is have give me the confirm
> the
> > DaG 876 is another SNC meteorite and no another
> piece
> > of DaG 489 or 670 or 476 or 735 etc...? The
> problem is
> > this, all DaG's SNC is equal and impossible find
> if is
> > a piece of DaG 489, 670 etc...many have speculate
> time
> > ago sale pieces of DaG 476 for DaG 489, and now
> the
> > market is a total confusion. I am sorry for my bad
> > english, if interested I put the email in italian
> and
> > all of you translate this.
> > Regards
> >
> > matteo

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Telefax +39 041 5415850 Mobil Phone 0339 3895503
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Collection Site: http://utenti.tripod.it/M_come_Meteorite/Collection.html
ICQ 84588769