[meteorite-list] "Antartic" meteorite for sale on Ebay

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:43 2004

Allan and List,
Allan, thanks for your input. My reference to a fraud extended beyond the
possibility of the meteorites origin. The dimensions given for the
meteorite (3.25" x 2.75") wouldn't come close to the estimated 5-8
pounds. Comparing the meteorite to the coin, I'm guessing the meteorite
weighs less than a pound. Obviously the seller doesn't have a scale.

Regards,

John