[meteorite-list] (no subject)

From: Steven Singletary <jumper_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:42 2004

I wouldn't say we've found the life forms themselves, but possibly
indications that life has existed outside of Earth at some point. A paper
presented by Thomas-Keprta et al. at the 32nd LPSC showed, what I thought
at least, was compelling evidence for proof of life in the martian
meteorites in the form of the properties of the magnetite crystals present.
 I must put in here that I've been one of the biggest skeptics of all this
life jazz from the Mars meteorites since it first came out, but that talk
did a lot to convince me otherwise (even though it appeared that some
members of the audience were not convinced).

At 12:35 PM 3/22/01 -0800, you wrote:
>13. I have recently read about fossil bacteria in
>Martian meteorites, lunar meteorites, and the
>Murchison meteorite. Have we finally discovered life
>in any of these meteorites?

Steven Singletary
54-1224
Dept. Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary Sciences
M.I.T.
Cambridge, Ma., 02139
Jumper_at_MIT.EDU

Blue Skies!!