[meteorite-list] "Rocks from Space" Special Edition

From: geoking_at_notkin.net <geoking_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:40 2004

Greetings Listees:

Most of you are, doubtless, extremely familiar with O. Richard
Norton's stellar book, "Rocks from Space." It's an indispensable
reference source for collectors and enthusiasts, and is also a
"rattling good read" as we used to say when I was a lad.

However, you may be unaware that there is a special limited edition
of "RFS" currently available. It is "revised and expanded" from the
first edition (but essentially the same as the second edition in
content, I gather), in hardback with glossy dust jacket, complete
with Dorothy Norton's full color cover painting, and lots of new
photos. I mention all this because my copy arrived today, and it is
gorgeous.

Published by Mountain Press, Montana, it runs 444 pages, with
numerous color and b/w photographs, diagrams, and even a few of
Dorothy's cartoons. The special edition is priced at $55, which is
not bad when you recall that the paperback version is priced at $30.
If you're a serious meteorite nut, you'll need this hardback volume
for your collection.

Order directly from the Nortons at: sciencegraphics_at_empnet.com

Good reading!

Geoff N.

Geoffrey Notkin
Senior Art Director
Stanegate Studios/Notkin.net
P.O. Box 87, Jersey City, NJ 07303

Telephone: (201) 435-8888 Fax: (201) 946-1199

Email: geoking_at_notkin.net ammonite@aol.com
Web: www.notkin.net

A paleontologist has more cause than most to reflect upon time: its
measurement, its span, and its consequences.

  -- Richard Fortey