[meteorite-list] SENTENCE IN MOON ROCK SCAM

From: meteorites_at_space.com <meteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:39 2004

On Wed, 14 March 2001, "Peter Scherff" wrote:
VERY interesting-- This should serve as a warning to those speck dealers. What they sell had better be what they say that it is-- or face some serious charges and legal ramifications. This is not only for reputed Apollo samples, but some of the high priced specks that have recently been touted and sold at ebay and other places. As I said, and will continue to say, I would rather KNOW that the piece I am buying is what the seller says it is, than to BELIEVE or have the FAITH that it is what the seller says it is-- especially with regards to the lunars and or martian meteorites.
Steve Schoner, AMS.