[meteorite-list] New member from Austria

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:33 2004

Hello

Welcome in the list!

Matteo

 --- "Ing. Christian ANGER" <angerchristian_at_lion.cc>
ha scritto: > Hello to all members !

> I am a new member in this list and I want to
> introduce myself:
>
> My name is Christian Anger. I live in Bad Deutsch -
> Altenburg in Austria. My
> hometown is in the area of the ancient giant roman
> legion-camp called
> Carnuntum.
> It was built nearly 2000 years ago. Archaeologists
> uncovered many important
> roman findings : 2 big amphitheatres, temples, roman
> baths, the famous
> „Heidentor“ (an ancient gate marking a
> road-crossing of the
> famous
> Bernstein Street), and small settlements. Some
> ancient quarries are here
> also.
> Carnuntum lies on the foothills of the Alps in the
> east direction –
> the so
> called „Hundsheimer“ mountains on the
> beautiful river Danube, 50
> km
> riverdown east of Vienna. Calcite findings, mare
> fossils in limestone
> findings
> and the finding of a fossil wool-rhino (which is
> ehxibited in the Vienna
> NHM,
> which still has the world’s fourth-biggest
> meteorite-collection) made
> this
> region famous.
>
> I am 36 years old and did amateur astronomy since I
> was 12. I am
> construction
> engineer for street-construction and pavements.
> Nevertheless I did not have
> yet
> the luck to find a meteorite at excavations on my
> building sites. Since 1997
> my
> interests in amateur astronomy went to meteorite
> craters and impact
> stuctures of
> the earth. I collected articles, facts and images or
> sketches of nearly all
> known structures. Then I wanted to hold such
> extraterrestrial matter, which
> causes such things, in my own hands. This was the
> time I began collecting
> meteorites. Now I have my own collection and do a
> little bit trading with
> meteorites too.
>
> I think some members of this group know me already a
> longer time, mostly as
> eBay
> purchaser and seller.
>
> I hope I am welcomed in your list
> Greetings from Austria and best regards,
>
> Christian

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Telefax +39 041 5415850 Mobil Phone 0339 3895503
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Collection Site: http://utenti.tripod.it/M_come_Meteorite/Collection.html
ICQ 84588769
ID Ebay.com: mcomemeteorite_at_katamail.com