[meteorite-list] New member from Austria

From: Ing. Christian ANGER <angerchristian_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:33 2004

Hello to all members !

I am a new member in this list and I want to introduce myself:

My name is Christian Anger. I live in Bad Deutsch - Altenburg in Austria. My
hometown is in the area of the ancient giant roman legion-camp called
Carnuntum.
It was built nearly 2000 years ago. Archaeologists uncovered many important
roman findings : 2 big amphitheatres, temples, roman baths, the famous
&#8222;Heidentor&#8220; (an ancient gate marking a road-crossing of the
famous
Bernstein Street), and small settlements. Some ancient quarries are here
also.
Carnuntum lies on the foothills of the Alps in the east direction &#8211;
the so
called &#8222;Hundsheimer&#8220; mountains on the beautiful river Danube, 50
km
riverdown east of Vienna. Calcite findings, mare fossils in limestone
findings
and the finding of a fossil wool-rhino (which is ehxibited in the Vienna
NHM,
which still has the world&#8217;s fourth-biggest meteorite-collection) made
this
region famous.

I am 36 years old and did amateur astronomy since I was 12. I am
construction
engineer for street-construction and pavements. Nevertheless I did not have
yet
the luck to find a meteorite at excavations on my building sites. Since 1997
my
interests in amateur astronomy went to meteorite craters and impact
stuctures of
the earth. I collected articles, facts and images or sketches of nearly all
known structures. Then I wanted to hold such extraterrestrial matter, which
causes such things, in my own hands. This was the time I began collecting
meteorites. Now I have my own collection and do a little bit trading with
meteorites too.

I think some members of this group know me already a longer time, mostly as
eBay
purchaser and seller.

I hope I am welcomed in your list
Greetings from Austria and best regards,

Christian