[meteorite-list] Cumberland Falls for Sale

From: Brice <Brice_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:30 2004

Unfortunately, I must now sell my Cumberland Falls piece from my collection.
This is my most prized specimen and I hope someone else will treasure it as
I have and not cut it up to sell off. This specimen is FAR too nice for
that.

Cumberland Falls:
Whitley County, Kentucky, USA
Fell April 9, 1919, 1200hrs
Stone, Achondrite, Ca-poor (Aubrite)

After the appearance of a fireball and sonic booms, several stones, the
largest fragment being about 31 pounds, fell in Whitley County, Kentucky.
It is classified as a Stone, Achondrite, Ca-poor, Aubrite. This meteorite
is a breccia composed mainly of enstatite fragments along with a unique type
of unequilbrated chondritic inclusion called a forsterite chondrite. This
"F" chondrite is found only as an inclusion in the Cumberland Falls
meteorite.

This 8.3 gram specimen was cut from the specimen at the Fernbank Science
Center in Atlanta, GA.

http://www.meteoritestore.com/collection_files/images/cumberland_falls_8_3g.
jpg

The first person to reply to this email offering US$1,200.00 plus shipping
(to be paid via PayPal or overnight Money Order) will be the proud new
owner.

Sincerely,

Brice D. Hornback