[meteorite-list] I'm interested in buying meteorite sawdust.

From: capricorn89 <capricorn89_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:02 2004

I have some powdered nickel-iron (what you call sawdust). It is not residue
from sanding, though. It is the actual nickel-iron from diamond cutting
large specimens, that was recovered from the saw coolant, sorted, dried and
fluffed. It is all nickel-iron (maybe some diamond from the blade mixed in,
who knows). Have you seen any of this? Its kind of like graphite but very
fluffy! Strangest stuff ever. Any market for this? It took a lot of time
to prepare this stuff and I did it only once many years ago just for the fun
of it. I couldn't do it now because the type of coolant I used and could
extract it from is no longer made. If anyone is interested, I'll prepare
some in 1/2 dram vials. If not, it will remain in a dark drawer forever.

Ron Hartman