[meteorite-list] Thank you Matteo Chinellato

From: Rob and Colleen <iguana_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:01 2004

Hello list-
I would like to say a few words of praise for our Italian connection.
Quite some time ago, before I found this list, I met up with Matteo
on-line and arranged to purchase a fragment of DAG 735 from him. After
several emails negotiating price, I sent payment. It never arrived.
About the time this all happened, we were in the heat of the "Coveat
Emptor" thread that pretty much cleared up my responsibility to pay and
to this there was no arguement, only waiting, hoping the money would
arrive. It never did. I again sent payment, this time being sure to use
all the traceable mailing procedures to track it's movement overseas.
The second payment still has not arrived and I can't act locally for
another six weeks here. Despite this, Matteo sent the piece as a gift
along with a small individual Sikhote-Alin! It is evident that Matteo
was under no legal obligation to do this. His outstanding moral
character in this matter is much appreciated. Needless to say, I will
fight from here as soon as able. "The Italian post office is notorious
for it's corruption" according to the post office here, the same office
that won't help me search for the registered letter even though it's
been 50 days now. Enough said, we will wait and hope for the best in the
meantime. I just wanted to give credit where credit is due. Thank you
Matteo.