[meteorite-list] No Respect for Monturaqui

From: Gary Hansen <garyhansen_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:00 2004

>>> Frankly,this is some of the ugliest meteoric
>>> debris I have ever seen, it looks
>>> like volcanic cinders, but you may want some to
>>> fill a hole in your collection.

Perhaps I can help Tracy make a sale. I received a
bit of the stuff for free. It's true -- ugly on the
outside. But inside... I cut and polished a few of
them:

http://garyhansen.50megs.com/Image291.gif
http://garyhansen.50megs.com/Image292.gif

It's hard to see in the photos, but there is a wild
mix of shocked orange crystals in a dark glassy
matrix. In in some places, the matrix is steaked with
blue and green, like fine marble. A few iron flecks
are also visible.

I *like* them ...

Gary