[meteorite-list] Monturaqui Impactite for sale

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:59 2004

I'm selling several pieces of Monturaqui impactite from a larger lot I
received as part of a purchase. All the pieces are between 3 and 5 grams
each, and will come in a plastic display box. $5 each, includes shipping
to the US (international will cost more, please contact me), first come
first serve. Anything that doesn't get scooped up here will go to ebay!

The Monturaqui impact crater is in an isolated part of the Atacama desert.
The meteorite is long gone, weathered away, but several kilos of meteoric
shale and impactite have been recovered from the site. Impactite is a
combination of meteor and terrestrial rock melted on impact. Frankly,
this is some of the ugliest meteoric debris I have ever seen, it looks
like volcanic cinders, but you may want some to fill a hole in your
collection.

Tracy Latimer