[meteorite-list] regmaglypts

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:53 2004
Message-ID: <3A52102D.EDF6CA4B_at_fascination.com>

Dear Don and List;
I give up, having never heard the word used with meteorites or seen it before
(other than my knowledge of quartz crystals...which I am quite familuar with),
what is and where was it used, this word piezoglypts. This is a new one on
Dave F.

Donald Blakeslee wrote:

> I'm wondering about the two words used to name the depressions formed on
> the surfaces of meteorites during their passage through the atmosphere:
> regmaglypts and piezoglypts. Any difference in the exact meanings? And
> why piezo-, which also shows up in piezoelectric, referring to the kind of
> discharge one can produce in crystalline quartz.
> Don Blakeslee
> Department of Anthropology
> Wichita State University
> blakesle_at_twsuvm.uc.twsu.edu
> _______________________________________________
> Meteorite-list mailing list
> Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
> http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list

Click here for Free Video!!
Received on Tue 02 Jan 2001 12:30:21 PM PST

Help support this free mailing list:

Yahoo MyWeb