[meteorite-list] regmaglypts

From: Donald Blakeslee <blakesle_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:53 2004
Message-ID: <>

I'm wondering about the two words used to name the depressions formed on
the surfaces of meteorites during their passage through the atmosphere:
regmaglypts and piezoglypts. Any difference in the exact meanings? And
why piezo-, which also shows up in piezoelectric, referring to the kind of
discharge one can produce in crystalline quartz.

Don Blakeslee
Department of Anthropology
Wichita State University
Received on Tue 02 Jan 2001 12:03:52 PM PST

Help support this free mailing list:

Yahoo MyWeb