[meteorite-list] Coins vs. Meteorites (was: NWA 482 for sale)

From: Matteo Chinellato <mcomemeteorite2000_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:13 2004

Hello all

Yes the coins have a high value only if is a very rare
coin, see the Elagabalus Roman coin, but for the
others type of roman coins the value is medium or very
low, I have a friend go in Turkey and take many kg. of
Bizantin coins, and is one of few big collectors here
in Italy. Now I ask a card for found roman coins in
the fields here near my house - Tessera and others
towns is found from romans - and I take this for
trades with meteorites.
Regards

matteo

--- Julien.Courtois_at_gr.admin.ch ha scritto: > Hello,

> As I'm both a meteorite and coin collector (antique
> romans), I know by
> experience that both collections are a rather bad
> investment, strictly from
> the financial point of view. The only Decent return
> of investment is the
> PLEASURE of holding/examining/possessing these
> little pieces of history.
>
> My 2mg of NWA,
>
> Regards,
>
> Julien

=====
M come Meteorite - Matteo Chinellato
Telefax +39 041 5415850 Mobil Phone 0339 3895503
Email: mcomemeteorite2000_at_yahoo.it
Collection Site: http://utenti.tripod.it/M_come_Meteorite/Collection.html
ICQ 84588769