[meteorite-list] OT: Budget Rental

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:12 2004

Talk about bad rental car companies. In denver I rented from a company
called PAYLESS CAR RENTAL. The car broke down (Lost the transmission - A
Daewoo). It had 8800 miles on it. Now they are trying to charge me more for
the car than the msrp. Apparantly losing the transmission makes the whole
thing worth less than scrap metal - about what a daewoo is worth anyway.
The PAYLESS car rental company is not in the car rental business. Payless
car rental is in the insurance fraud business (Like the mofia in the
shredding business)
But yes, morocco is a big scam place. But scams are everywhere. Even kids
are involved in morocco. If you go to morocco looking to buy meteorites you
better be careful. Buying at source may not be your cheapest way of getting
moroccan meteorites. I wouldent trust the fossil dealers that much either.
Even the ones in denver and tucson usually operate a pretty shady business.
You know that they are full of #%*& when they tell you things but thats the
way things work in morocco. I dont have to many positive impressions of very
many moroccan fossil dealers thats for sure.
Those cheap meteorites are a pretty big enticement though. I am going again
in a couple months. I survived in the shark infested desert once. Going to
try my luck again soon. At those prices I am hooked. The supply will dry up
soon and I want in on it as much as i can manage. The moroccan meteorite
rush will never happen again anywhere in the world and once the meteorites
are gone they will be gone.
Cheers
DEAN