[meteorite-list] [Fwd: UK museum gets in trouble for displaying Radioactive Rocks]

From: E.L.Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:11 2004

IS this what you are talking about--vis a vis meteorites? The issue, I believe,
was the display of radioactive ores/minerals and safe BUT over advertised levels.

And as always, the press and government have gone overboard on an issue that has
far more emotive value than genuine health concerns...over reaction is an
understatement. As I have posted before... there is more radioactive potassium40
in a half cup of Brazil nuts than the daily maximum exposure for US Nuclear
Industry Workers.... It is all relative.

Elton
PS For those in the know...what is a "conditional discharge"?