[meteorite-list] Fireball sighting Arizona

From: CalSouth1_at_aol.com <CalSouth1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:36 2004

--part1_b7.9d9952a.2772d250_boundary

In a message dated 12/18/00 10:00:49 PM Pacific Standard Time, Dbrofaz writes:

<<
 << Well you gave me time and date...now tell me what direction it was
travelling and any colors you might have seen and did it leave a smoke
trail....how high above the horizon....etc. Thanks >>

 I was heading south and it was directly in front of me providing perfect
view. It went straight down from the top of my windshield to near the bottom.
If it had happened at night it would have lit up the entire area for miles
around. Like I say, November 9th around 1600 hours. Yes, it did leave a trail
for the entire length. I really wanted to stop other cars and discuss it with
other people that could not have not seen it. And, thank YOU..... >>

My Buddy describing a daylight fireball on the above date and time, While
driving to Phoenix.

Does anyone have any other reports or know what this object was? i.e. space
debris, etc.

John

--part1_b7.9d9952a.2772d250_boundary