[meteorite-list] To buyers of my 39 cent meteorites last october

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:34 2004

After the Denver mineral show I was selling some moroccan meteorites for 39
cents a gram that I had bought from a fossil dealer there. Some of these
have been assigned provisional names that will become official when/if these
meteorites become classified. The big 163 pound pile that I showed with a
picture of me next to it that I was selling really cheap has the name
NORTHWEST AFRICA 267 reserved for it. Other reserved names are shown below.
NWA NAME first and then My number on the webpage located at:
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/4NWAS.htm that some of you bought at 39 cents a
gram. You can use this reference so that you can figure out what is the
working name that is reserved for the meteorite that you bought from me. In
the future I will just be using the reserved NWA names in my sales and on
ebay. If you want your meteorite classified I have a 30 gram "type" specimen
of each meteorite saved for that purpose should any researcher be willing to
classify it.
PROVESIONAL NAME first, then my temporary number on that page listed above.
NWA268-My#2
NWA269-My#4
NWA270-My#9
NWA271-My#10
NWA272-My#11
NWA273-My#5
NWA274-My#7
NWA275-My#3
NWA276-My#13
NWA277-My#15
I am building a database of my moroccan meteorites that I have (And I have
many hundreds) and its located at
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/moroccomaindat.htm
I will be adding to that page as I ID more material. Anything that gets
properly classified will appear in the bulletin but those names wont
actually get listed in future bulletins or become official until they are
properly classified and a type specimen deposited into some institutions
permanent collection (Which I have a 30 gram specimen that I will send to
any researcher who is interested in classifying any meteorite listed as
"unclassified" in my database). These names are however reserved
specifically for my meteorites and will only apply to my meteorites as I
have described on that webpage.
These meteorites will all appear on ebay over the coming weeks so keep an
eye on my auctions if you are interested in acquiring any.
Sincerely
DEAN BESSEY
www.meteoriteshop.com