[meteorite-list] Question: Lawrencite?

From: John Gwilliam <jkgdiver_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:33 2004

Sterling and List,
What you're seeing here is an illusion - the green color is actually
reflected light from an object above the meteorite. It could be a curtain,
the photographer's shirt or the paint on the wall. This green cast can
also be seen in pictures taken under fluorescent lighting and indoor
(incandescent) lighting will gives pictures a yellowish cast. The best
light source for color correct photographs (and digital images) is natural
outdoor lighting. An over cast day will diffuse the shadows and
reflections from the clouds will be white or gray.
Regards,

John