[meteorite-list] Texas Fireball Sighting

From: E.L. Jones <jonee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:32 2004

FYI, Regards, Elton

12-3-00 Fireball Sighted from Airplane may have reached Ground(sic)

This evening I observed easily the brightest meteor I have ever
witnessed from the ground or the air. I was flying into DFW airport when

about 100 miles northeast of sabine pass on the texas gulf coast at an
altitude of 35 thousand feet(approx 10:05 PM), I observed a very bright
green light descend from above 60 thousand feet down into a cloud layer
at about 20 thousand feet still burning very brightly. If anyone has any

information on this sighting or could point me in the right direction I
would be very greatfull.

Joe Robau 214-912-7961
joenet1_at_prodigy.net