[meteorite-list] Meteorites

From: Audrey Pfeifer <cleyone_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2020 23:12:59 -0800

Here are a few meteorites from my collection. The topmost and middle ones are, I
believe lunar, which weigh 9 and 12 pounds respectively. The other, below, I believe is
Martian and it weighs 31.6 lbs. As you can see, it is yellow and red though the colors
are dulled probably from it?s long earthly sojourn. I have quite a few other meteorites
most of which were found on my property in Sebastopol, California (sold now), and
in the Sierra Nevada foothills. I have many smaller meteorites. I have been collecting
these rocks for more than 40 years and am now very old. So I want to sell most of them
and need help in deciding how to go about it. I know they will need to be classified,
but how do I get that done. I have no way to cut pieces off of them and there doesn?t
seem to be any meteorite collectors anywhere near Modesto who would have such
equipment. Can anyone on the list help me?
Thank You,
Audrey