[meteorite-list] Group hunt Willcox Playa dry lake near Tucson Feb 3rd/5th

From: Matson, Rob D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2020 21:36:42 +0000

I?ve never been to Willcox when it *wasn?t* a bog. On my first visit, I arrived on the lakebed around
midnight and did a little poking around with a flashlight in the sub-freezing temperatures before
sleeping in my vehicle. Got up at dawn and started crunching around on the frozen ground. By
about 8 am, the sun was high enough that it started thawing the permafrost, and I quickly realized
I was in very real danger. I barely made it off the ?gumbo,? and was very happy I had made the
decision to park close to the edge of the playa! Definitely not my favorite place. --Rob