[meteorite-list] Shut down laboratories bring science to a cold stop.

From: Paul <etchplain_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 12:38:15 -0500

With laboratories shut, coronavirus forces scientists to ?stop cold?
Los Angeles Times by Joel Rubin and Amina Khan, April 29, 2020
https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-04-29/coronavirus-forces-science-to-stop-cold

With laboratories shut, coronavirus forces scientists to ?stop cold?
Los Angeles Times by Joel Rubin and Amina Khan, April 29, 2020
[www.latimes.com]

This article talks mainly about medical and biological resource, but
the pandemic also has shut down geological, including some of
mine, research cold also. Will use an entire field season. The crash
in the price of oil also will disrupt and end geological research also.
This is a major event in science.

Fortunately, I am able to get Global Mapper and ArcGIS to work
on my home computer so I have soemthing to wok on with
finishing a couple of planned papers.

Yours,

Paul H.

"The past is never dead. It's not even past."
William Faulkner, Act 1, Scene III, Requiem for a Nun (1951)