[meteorite-list] Nannodiamond plant microfossils created by extraterrestrial impact (open access paper)

From: Alfredo Petrov <alfredo_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Nov 2019 09:51:08 +0100

Thanks, Paul, for the link to the very interesting paper on diamond fossils.

I would however like to point out that the authors should not be inventing
new mineral-type names (ie. "...ite") for something that isn?t a new
mineral; it?s diamond afterall.

And if they are going to unilaterally propose new "mineral" names without
IMA approval, they should at least be consistent in how they spell it
(karite or karaite?) before they publish (although that might be an
editor?s fault rather than the researcher?s).

Cheers,
Alfredo Petrov