[meteorite-list] Ad: Ancient Meteorite Coins

From: MICHAEL BLOOD <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2019 15:13:24 -0700 (PDT)

After hundreds of hours of research and a comparable number of hours of consultation and Photoshop work I am happy to announce the results:

Meteorites & Sacred Stones on Coins of Ancient Greece & Rome

Now available in both paperback and in Kindlebook formats at:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1082070726

If you get the paperback, you will be given the option during "checkout" to buy the Kindlebook at 70% off. (30% of the price).

Here is the blurb:

Now there is finally a book describing and showing examples of the Meteorite & Sacred Stones found on many of the Ancient Greek and Roman Coins. The text is arranged to give an overview of the sacred stones and meteorites, their origin myths, names and locations followed by an extensive chronological list of chapters on Emperors and royalty who's coins show depictions of these various meteorites and sacred stones with photo depictions of each along with a description of the issuing person, his or her time and nature of influence, etc. There is an extensive References list at the end of the book allowing for further research on the part of the reader. Never has such a numismatic reference been available for the collector of these types of coins. I doubt any reader will fail to discover coins of which they were not heretofore aware.

Tim Heitz and I communicated at length many dozens of times throughout this process and I suspect Tim has one of the largest collections of these coins in the world. Many of the coins (which appear in photos throughout the book) are in exceptionally fine to mint condition but more commonly available conditions are also pictured.

I do hope you check it out and if you purchase, I would greatly appreciate your taking one or two minutes to leave feedback on the purchase site. Of course, every author would love to receive 5 stars, but any and all honest feedback is encouraged and very much welcomed.

Thanks,
Michael Blood