[meteorite-list] Hal Povenmire has left us.

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2019 04:23:17 +0000 (UTC)

Everyone,

We just got word that Hal Povenmire passed away last week atage 80.? Hal was the undisputed authorityon Georgia tektites and author of many related books. ?He was discoverer of the Upsilon PegasidMeteor Shower.? He is honored by thenaming of asteroids ?(12753) Povenmire? and ?(15146) HalPov?.? But this is not meant to be an obituary;rather it is a message to his many, many friends that my good friend has leftus and we will be the poorer.? His wifeKatie survives him at their home in Florida.

Norm & Cookie Lehrman

Tektitesource.com