[meteorite-list] In memoriam Darryl Futrell (+2001)

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2019 17:46:49 +0000 (UTC)

October 26, 1935 - August 13, 2001

A humble giant for so many, and for all amateurs on a shoestring, especially with VW Beetles, excited by rocks!

Cheers!
Doug

 I have been a rock collector since I was a kid, and that Bug finally provided me a car that would take me most anywhere in North America in my search for rare rocks. Over the next two and a half decades, I drove my Beetles and related vehicles about 1.5 million miles on trips to Canada, Mexico, twice to Kentucky, twice to Georgia, about 10 times to eastern Texas, and several times to volcanic sites way up north. Also included were dozens of week-end trips to Southern California deserts to hunt meteorites on dry lakes. ? ?

Best wishes, ?
Bernd (in Germany)

Visit our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/meteoritecentral and the Archives at http://www.meteorite-list-archives.com
Meteorite-list mailing list