[meteorite-list] HUGE meteorite in France

From: John Lutzon <jl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2018 15:53:22 -0400

This is outstanding news Anne !!
  Exceptionnel-- !!
Great work by the whole crew
and land owners.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anne Black via Meteorite-list" <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>
To: <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com>; <marc.chapelet at wanadoo.fr>
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2018 3:40 PM
Subject: [meteorite-list] HUGE meteorite in France

Hello,

A huge iron meteorite has been found in France. 477 kilos. And 55 000 years old.
It is the St Aubin and now it is the largest meteorite ever found in France, even bigger than Mon Dieu and La Caille.
And the strewn field has also been figured out.

Here, on behalf of Marc Chapelet who handles the Meteorites Division, are all the details (in English, below the French version)
published by the Societe Astronomique de France, so it is a serious report. (not a journalistic fantasy).

https://saf-astronomie.fr/decouverte_de_la_plus_grosse_meteorite_francaise/

Enjoy!

More questions let me know, and I'll translate.

Anne Black
IMPACTIKA.com
impactika at aol.com