[meteorite-list] Meteorite or meteowrong

From: Jack N <jack_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 16:31:56 +1000

Hi all,

I have been watching these auctions closely. In my humble opinion these
are quite clearly meteorites, I was also guessing Canyon Diablo or
Odessa. The biggest one was nicely sculpted and had classic scoops where
softer material had ablated/weathered away.

Most of the pieces were badly cracked and weathered, but there were two
(ending earlier today) that I was hoping to bid on. It seems the seller
ended the listings prematurely, perhaps got cold feet when yesterday's
auctions went for less than they were expecting.

I noticed that the three auctions yesterday and also the one linked by
Mike below were won by the same person, likely a dealer. Anyone on this
list?

Regards,
Jack