[meteorite-list] Bisbane Australia Gem Show

From: dean bessey <themeteoriteshop_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2018 13:05:55 +0000 (UTC)

I am not sure how many (If any) list members are in Australia but one of Australia's better gem and mineral shows takes place this weekend in North Brisbane. Known as the Redcliffe gem and lapidary show there are around a hundred dealers with stalls selling all sorts of rocks - many are fossikers who are selling items that they found themselves. There are lots of Opals in particular (As you would expect from an Australian rock show)But? quite a wide variety of Australian minerals will be on display and for sale.
Redcliffe Gem & Mineral, Jewellery & Craft Show
When?? 5 & 6
Where? Southern Cross Catholic College, Kippa Ring
Times?? Sat 9 am ? 4pm

Its about a 45 minute drive from downtown Brisbane. Turn off at the signs that say Redcliff (Same exit as IKEA - you cant miss the IKEA sign on the highway)
There will not be a huge amount of meteorites for sale (And probably none from Australia) but there should be 4 or 5 dealers with a small amount of meteorites. At a show two months ago one dealer had the nicest 300 gram Millbillillie I have ever seen but that was unusual to find something like that at an Australian gem show. I will be there and will have a small assortment of NWAs that you can look over.
If anybody does come it would be nice to see list members from Australia. I am the very first stall that you see as you enter the building (Behind the lady who will take your several dollar entry fee)
Hope to see somebody. Will post some photos to the list if anybody shows up.
cheersDeanPS: For those unable to come see my ebay auctions for hundreds of NWAs really cheapI am AMUNRE on Ebay