[meteorite-list] Ed - Let's Take This Discussion Off-list

From: Paul <etchplain_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2018 21:01:24 -0600

Ed you recently wrote,

>Paul, I am still not satisfied with your apology to Hibbens.

Given that I have not apologized at all and see no point to,
you are just going to have remain unsatisfied. For better or
worse, we are just going to have agree to disagree about
the need for an apology of any sort and continue any
additional discussion of this matter off list, which at least,
I will after this post. No need to torture innocent
bystanders with this tiresome discourse.

You also wrote:

>Paul, I am not satisfied with your apology to Hibbens yet.
>It is not fair practice in geology to point to something
>other than the formation the original researcher saw, and
>claim it was what he saw. That is simply bad practice, and
>highly unethical, and you need to own up to it.

Again, we have to agree to disagree as I stand by what I said
and do not understand what is unethical about pointing out
the problems with Hibben's research. If you truly believe
that I behaved unethically, then file a complaint with the
appropriate board(s) of registration for professional
geologists.

By the way Ed, there is a great podcast about interpreting
and misinterpreting myths and oral traditions, which you really
should listen to. It is:

The Importance of Myth and Oral Traditions - Episode 30
ArcheoWebby? February 15, 2016
https://www.archaeologypodcastnetwork.com/archyfantasies/30?rq=myth
https://www.archaeologypodcastnetwork.com/archyfantasies/

Also, Jason Colavito has some thoughtful posts:

Comet Research Group Publishes New Article Reviving
Catastrophist Claims about Frozen Mammoths in Alaskan Muck
http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/comet-research-group-publishes-new-article-reviving-catastrophist-claims-about-frozen-mammoths-in-alaskan-muck
http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/

New Scientific Paper Offers Evidence for Younger Dryas
Conflagration; Lost Civilization Believers Immediately Lay
Claim to Findings 2/7/2018
http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/new-scientific-paper-offers-evidence-for-younger-dryas-conflagration-lost-civilization-believers-immediately-lay-claim-to-findings

Micah Hanks Tries to Explore History Again, Wrongly Calls
Iron in Egypt "Anomalous" 2/27/2018 (about meteoritic iron artifacts)
http://www.jasoncolavito.com/blog/micah-hanks-tries-to-explore-history-again-wrongly-calls-iron-in-egypt-anomalous

Related discussions are at:
http://www.hallofmaat.com/read.php?1,613627
http://www.hallofmaat.com/read.php?1,616335,616342
http://www.hallofmaat.com/read.php?1,611762,616042

Finally, you should submit your book to the Graham
Hancock web site for its "Author of the Month" forum at
http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/list.php?8

GrahamHancock-Com has lately been on a roll with the
asteroid impact cataclysm de jour for its "Author of
the Month" forum as in case of "Welcome to David
Anderson our author of the month for February 2018" at:
http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?8,1134715
http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?8,1135449

and "Welcome to Michael Jaye our featured author for
October 2017" at:
http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?8,1118839
http://grahamhancock.com/phorum/read.php?8,1118967

Yours,