[meteorite-list] Fake Mars displays (again)

From: info at moonmarsrocks.com <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 19:49:07 -0700

Hello All,

Once again we have a resale on ebay of those "steelhorse1994" fake
displays dating back to 2013. This time it's for 2 "Mars NWA 4425".
Notice the imaginary "American Meteorite Collector's Society" on the
reverse side. Even though they are way, way overpriced and he will never
sell them for that, out of principal I wrote this seller anyway a week
ago and tried to enlighten him. He ignored my message and proceeded to
relist them today for another 30 days. I also reported the listing to
ebay as fake last week and reminded them about the history with these.
No action from ebay either. Maybe it takes more than one person to
report it to ebay. Steelhorse1994 is the bad penny that keeps showing
up. I consider it a small miracle that ebay actually stopped him back in
2013, but sadly he sold thousands of them prior to that. Steer clear
except to send a nasty-gram to the ebay seller.
Here is the listing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-qty-Mars-Rock-NWA-4925-MARTIAN-METEORITE-ENCAPSULATED-Olivine-Shergottite/362323610646?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649.

Have a great summer!

Daniel