[meteorite-list] Looking to Core Bit a HUGE Iron

From: David Deyarmin <bobadebt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2018 13:11:18 -0400

When I first started making the roughs for my 50mm sphere collection I had
a company make me a special core bit so I could drill a 57 pound Campo I
bought from ebay.

The bit worked but it was very labor intensive (it took 2 days to cut though
7.5" of metal) and in the end was not the best way to create a rough.

Looking back I wish I had taken some pictures or video of that event.

I would like to do that again to document the process so if you have a huge
iron you would like to put a 2" hole through email me.

It would have to be an iron that I do not currently have in my collection.

Most are probably asking why anyone would do that to a meteorite.

Well, I ended up selling the 57 pound Campo at a profit because the buyer
planned to use a large wood dowel rod to display it :)