[meteorite-list] Howdy list

From: rickmont at earthlink.net <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2018 10:17:03 -0800

Good morning List!

On this Sikhote Alin birthday, I have a question regarding rarity and general value. I have a friend who owns a larger (~1500gr+) oriented, transitional individual with regmaglyphs, external crystalline structure, flow lines, prominent roll-over lipping and most striking of all, complete natural patina. I suggested to him that this combination of characters was quite unusual, and if he were ever to sell it, it should be valued higher than most at that weight.

Unfortunately, I don?t have a picture but can easily have him send one to me. (It?s not for sale...this is not an ad), but any opinion is welcome. I have seen them from $5/gram to 10$/gr (high!!), but very few with natural patina. Thanks in advance.

Richard Montgomery
(Rick Bob)