[meteorite-list] Roman Meteorite Coins

From: Bigjohn Shea <bigjohnshea_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 16:41:54 +0200

Almost certainly lost to history, Yinan.

There is one ancient baeytl still around that is not of Roman origin, but instead Islamic. That being the Black Stone of Mecca, also called the Al-Hajaru al-Aswad. Some have suggested it is a meteorite. Of course no testing has been done to verify this...

http://www.ancient-origins.net/artifacts-other-artifacts/kaaba-black-stone-holy-stone-outer-space-003661

Given the locality, I wouldn?t put it past the realm of possibility. Even in that region though, after 1000+ years without appropriate climate control, any iron bearing meteorite specimen would certainly no longer appear as black as the Al-Hajaru does.

Cheers,
John A. Shea, MD
IMCA 3295
www.bigjohnmeteorites.com