[meteorite-list] Quartz on meteorites

From: Abdelfattah Gharrad <life19maroc_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2017 23:46:54 +0000 (UTC)

Hello members,

I really want to post my question about quartz longtimes ago, what I learned that if one sees quartz on a stone then the stone is not meteorite.
in my knowledge there are different types of quartz and whose chemical formula is SiO2.

habitually no quartz in the meteorites but if there is in a meteorite then it is a rare stone and whose classification differs from other meteorites and testimony of another planet it's just opinion.

I think that the meteorites have chemical compositions like the terrestrial stones (magmatic, volcanic ...). the probability that a meteorite contains SiO2 is not zero.

if there is a clarification please.

Thanks,
Abdelfattah.