[meteorite-list] R: help me in understand analysis

From: Francesco Moser <cojack_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2017 17:46:04 +0200

EhEhEh
sure!

Francesco

Da: Alfredo Petrov [mailto:alfredo at mindat.org]
Inviato: venerd? 6 ottobre 2017 13:52
A: Francesco Moser <cojack at tiscali.it>
Cc: Meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com
Oggetto: Re: [meteorite-list] help me in understand analysis

Well, we would have all died of starvation long ago if terrestrial rocks didn't contain K and P.

 ;))

On 6 October 2017 at 20:30, Francesco Moser via Meteorite-list <meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com <mailto:meteorite-list at meteoritecentral.com> > wrote:

Hello!
a man have send me some pictures of a dozen stones and asked me wich types
of meteorites could be.
I answered that for me those materials are terrestrial.
But he tell me that for sure the stones are lunar meteorites :)
He has send me this analysis for proving the lunar origin of the stones.
I'm not able to understand this data, please someone could take a look and
tell me if this material could be terrestrial or extra-terrestrial.
No other analysis was done on the stones. I guess that without an oxigen
isotopes abundance ratio is impossible to identify a lunar rock, isn't?

Method LF200

SiO2 47.45%
Al2O3 19.42%
Fe2O3 9.73%
MgO 10.16%
CaO 8.95%
Na2O 1.75%
K2O 0.79%
TiO2 0.29%
P2O5 0.08%
Cr2O3 0.01%
Ba 110ppm
Ni 121ppm
Sc 7ppm

I Have also a detailed list of trace elements.

This man tell me that the presence of K2O and P2O5 confirm the
extra-terrestrial origin of the rocks.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Francesco

---
Questa e-mail ? stata controllata per individuare virus con Avast antivirus.